The library's periodicals collection comprises a wide and unique variety of publications. Our holdings of over 200 different titles from around the world feature:
- Research, literary, folk art, and cultural journals;
- Zines and journals produced by monasteries, student groups, and private individuals;
- The complete run of Red Flag (དར་དམར།), the only Tibetan-language periodical published during the Cultural Revolution;
- Rare issues of Nationalities Pictorial (མི་དམངས་བརྙན་པར།) and People's Pictorial (མི་རིགས་བརྙན་པར།) from the 1950s and '60s;
- Newspapers and other political journals;
- Tibet Daily and Qinghai Daily on microfiche.